OZGUN LAW FIRM
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Ozgun Law Firm shows necessary sensitivity to the security of your personal data. We place great importance to process and keep all kinds of personal data belonging to our clients and potential clients in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law Nr. 6698.
We do process your personal data as explained below and in compliance with all statutory regulations. We would like to inform you of the way we collect your personal data, purpose of processing, legal reasons thereof, and your rights in the most transparent manner.
1. Collecting and Processing Personal Data and Purpose of Processing
Your personal data may be collected verbally, in writing or electronically through automatic or non-automatic methods.
Any personal data collected is processed within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data, specified under sections 5 and 6 of the Personal Data Protection Law, to allow you to benefit from our services, and our business units to take necessary actions to protect your rights and interests.
2. To Whom and For What Purposes Processed Personal Data may be Transferred
Any personal data collected may be transferred to our business partners, legally authorized governmental institutions and natural persons, in case the subject of service you receive from our law firm is foreign-based, to our foreign business partners within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data, specified under sections 8 and 9 of the Personal Data Protection Law in order to provide you with various rights and interests, and to protect and exercise your rights.
3. Methods for Collecting Personal Data and Legal Reasons Thereof
Your personal data is collected verbally, in writing or electronically in accordance with the abovementioned purposes in order to allow our Law Firm to provide services within the legal framework and to fulfil its responsibilities, arising out of any agreement and the applicable law, fully and properly. Your personal data collected for this legal purpose may also be processed and transferred for the purposes specified hereunder within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data specified under sections 5 and 6 of the Personal Data Protection Law.
4. Rights of Data Owner under Section 11 of the Personal Data Protection Law
In case you, as a data owner, inform our Law Firm of your requests regarding your rights through the methods set out herein below, our Law Firm shall respond within the earliest convenience and in maximum thirty days in any case without any charge.
You have the right to;
- Learn whether or not your personal data have been processed;
- Request information as to processing if your data have been processed;
- Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose;
- Get information about the third parties in the country or abroad to whom your personal data have been transferred;
- Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately, and request notification of the rectification to third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred;
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions set our under section 7, excluding legal boundaries;
- Object to occurrence of any result that is to your detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems;
- Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data.
You may exercise your abovementioned rights by sending a petition with original signature by hand or by a registered letter with return receipt together with the copy of identity card (only copy of front face for national ID cards) to the address "Sulun Sk. No.8 34330 1.Levent Besiktas/Istanbul". In case a person instead of a data owner raises any such request, data owner needs to get a special power of attorney concerning the matter issued on behalf of the person who shall apply therefor. In case of any extra charges to arise from the aforesaid requests, the fee stated in the tariff determined by the Committee shall be received from the applicant. Our Law Firm may request further information in order to determine whether or not the applicant is a data owner, and address a question to the data owner regarding his/her application in order to clarify the matters explained under the application.